We are growing by leaps and bounds, and unfortunately
we do not have the storage space we once had. Because of this, we ask that you please only donate items listed below as they will serve an immediate need.
Thank you so much for thinking of the youth and young adults in our care! In-kind gifts of needed items help Austin Children's Shelter to lower costs. Please visit this page often as the Wish List is updated seasonally.
We desperately need new toddler/convertible car seats for our littles! Due to licensing requirements, we can only accept new car seats.
We also need plastic bibs for our Care Academy babies!
Donations may be brought to our Administrative Office Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. CLOSED Saturday & Sunday.
Austin Children’s Shelter
4800 Manor Road, Bldg. A
Austin, TX 78723
For more information about in-kind giving, please contact
Frequently Asked Questions
Our new child development and family resouce center, Care Academy, is now open, and there are several things we still need. If you can help with any of the Care Academy items below, please contact Cathy McHorse by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 512.927.4733.
Infant/Toddler Playground Structures
- Soft furniture for reading nooks ( ex: bean bag chairs, big pillows)
- Sand toys
- Doll bed, doll rocking chair
- Children’s music cds
- Plastic bibs
- Bottle warmer
- Gift cards to Teacher Heaven or Lakeshore Learning
- Shaving cream
- Chunky crayons
- Washable paint
- Baby wipes
- Laminating supplies
Facilities, Kitchen, and Medical Needs
Help stock the pantry, medicine cabinets, and supply closets of the
Austin Children’s Shelter! We have lots of tummies to feed, booboos to
fix, diapers to change, and rooms to clean!
- Gift Cards to Home Depot and H-E-B
- New Food Processor (Robot Coupe or Cuisinart preferred due to life length)
- Water Bottles
- Individual Portions of Non-Perishable Food Items
- Cereals, Granola Bars, Baked Snacks, Juices, Fruit and Pudding Cups, Peanut Butter/Cheese Crackers, Peanut Butter, Individual Soups and Oatmeal, Popcorn
- Baby Food and Snacks
- Disposable Plates, Cups, Forks/Spoons, and Napkins
- Baby Bottles & Sippy Cups
- Umbrella Strollers
- New White Bath Towels & Wash Cloths
- New Luggage
- Twin Bed Sheets & Comforters
- New Twin Mattress Covers
- New Pillows & Pillow Cases
- Clock Radios
- 13 Gallon Tall Drawstring Trash Bags
- Copy Paper (8.5" x 11")
- Black or Blue Pens
- Dry Erase Markers
- Batteries - Especially AA & AAA
- Birthday Cards
- Toilet paper (2-ply)
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Cotton Swabs and Cotton Balls
- Baby Wipes (Unscented)
- Combs, Brushes, and Hair Picks
- African American Hair Care Products (Olive Oil Brand preferred)
- Nail Clippers & Nail Files
- Toothbrushes and Toothpaste
- Seasonal Decorations for Holidays
- Gain Liquid HE Unscented Laundry Detergent – Brand Specific, Please!
- New Men’s Boxers (S-XXL)
- New Women’s Underwear (S–XXL)
- New Adult-Sized Ankle Socks
- New Adult-Sized Sports Bras (S–XXL)
- New Adult-Sized White or Solid Colored T-Shirts (S–XXL)
- New Newborn–5T Clothing & Shoes
- Tylenol & Motrin (Child & Adult)
- Antibacterial ointment
- Pepto Bismol
- Rubbing alcohol
- Sports drinks
- Heating pads
- Ice packs
- Small humidifiers
- Boxes of tissues
Gift cards help ACS save on expenses for clothing, food, activities for the kids, birthday presents, and everyday items. Below are the most popular gift cards. Thank you for helping us provide new items and new experiences for our kids!
*Unfortunately, ACS is no longer able to accept iTunes gift cards.
- Visa/American Express/Mastercard Gift Card
- Home Depot
- Roller and Ice Skating
- Movie Theatres
- Main Event
- Fast Food Restaurants
- Redbox Codes
|Other Ways to Give
Learn about other ways to support Austin Children's Shelter here.