Thank you so much for thinking of the youth and young adults in our
care! In-kind gifts of needed items help to lower costs. Please visit
this page often as the Wish List is updated seasonally.
We are growing by leaps and bounds, and unfortunately
we do not have the storage space we once had. Because of this, we ask that you please only donate items listed below as they will serve an immediate need.
ACS has made it easier to give to our programs by creating an Amazon Wish List! Click here to purchase items we need and have them shipped directly to us at the address below.
Donations are accepted Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
CLOSED Saturday & Sunday
Austin Children’s Shelter
4800 Manor Road, Bldg. A
Austin, TX 78723
For more information about in-kind giving, please contact
Frequently Asked Questions
Care Academy and Strong Start
Our new child development and family resouce center, Care Academy, is now open, and there are several things we still need. Our Strong Start program is also in need of many of the same items. If you can help with any of the Care Academy items below, please contact Kassi Longoria by email at email@example.com or at 512.927.4733.
- Toddler/Convertable Car Seats and Booster Seats!
- Soft furniture for reading nooks ( ex: bean bag chairs, big pillows)
- Sand toys
- Doll bed, doll rocking chair
- Children’s music cds
- Plastic bibs
- Bottle warmer
- Gift cards to Teacher Heaven or Lakeshore Learning
- Shaving cream
- Washable paint
- Baby wipes
- Laminating supplies
Cottage, Facilities, Kitchen, and Medical Needs
Help stock the pantry, medicine cabinets, and supply closets of the
Austin Children’s Services! We have lots of tummies to feed, booboos to
fix, diapers to change, and rooms to clean!
- Gift Cards to Home Depot and H-E-B
- New Food Processor (Robot Coupe or Cuisinart preferred due to life length)
- Water Bottles
- Individual Portions of Non-Perishable Food Items
- Cereals, Granola Bars, Baked Snacks, Juices, Fruit and Pudding Cups, Peanut Butter/Cheese Crackers, Peanut Butter, Individual Soups and Oatmeal, Popcorn
- Baby Food and Snacks
- Disposable Plates, Cups, Forks/Spoons, and Napkins
- Baby Bottles & Sippy Cups
- Wall-Mounted Television
- Umbrella Strollers
- New White Bath Towels & Wash Cloths
- New Luggage
- Twin Bed Sheets & Comforters
- New Twin Mattress Covers
- New Pillows & Pillow Cases
- Clock Radios
- 13 Gallon Tall Drawstring Trash Bags
- Copy Paper (8.5" x 11")
- Black or Blue Pens
- Dry Erase Markers
- Batteries - Especially AA & AAA
- Birthday Cards
- Toilet paper (2-ply)
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Cotton Swabs and Cotton Balls
- Baby Wipes (Unscented)
- Combs, Brushes, and Hair Picks
- African American Hair Care Products (Olive Oil Brand preferred)
- Nail Clippers & Nail Files
- Toothbrushes and Toothpaste
- Seasonal Decorations for Holidays
- New Men’s Boxers (S-XXL)
- New Women’s Underwear (S–XXL)
- New Adult-Sized Ankle Socks
- New Adult-Sized Sports Bras (S–XXL)
- New Adult-Sized White or Solid Colored T-Shirts (S–XXL)
- Tylenol & Motrin (Child & Adult)
- Antibacterial ointment
- Pepto Bismol
- Rubbing alcohol
- Sports drinks
- Heating pads
- Ice packs
- Small humidifiers
- Boxes of tissues
Gift cards help ACS save on expenses for clothing, food, activities for the kids, birthday presents, and everyday items. Below are the most popular gift cards. Thank you for helping us provide new items and new experiences for our kids!
*Unfortunately, ACS is no longer able to accept iTunes gift cards.
- Visa/American Express/Mastercard Gift Card
- Old Navy
- Best Buy
- Home Depot
- Roller and Ice Skating
- Movie Theatres
- Fast Food and Ice Cream places for Shakes and Slushes!
- Half Price Books
- Indoor Jumpy Gyms
- Zilker Train
|Other Ways to Give
Learn about other ways to support Austin Children's Services here.